Rule #2: Use Safety & Sanity in Every Situation
Let's be real here: Feces happens. Things break. People get hurt. It's part of the game. Here are some guidelines to take into note when you tread on situations where you might be liable to cause havoc with someone else's enjoyment.
Butter Up for PVP: Roleplay Comes First
- You must RP before engaging in PvP of any kind. Once RP has occured, PvP can begin and ends when one or all targets are dead, subdued or agree to half PvP.
- An example of RP before PvP: Your character has legitimate reason to attack a person, and you display that in your roleplay before doing so.
- The only exclusion to this is if a fight is already occuring and an outsider joins in. The outsider must have some sort of IC reason to join in, such as defending a friend, or perhaps trying to pacify the battle.
- Assassination/Bounty hunting is where things get kind of slippery. More on that later.
Butter Up for PVP: Always Set Your Hostile
- You must HOSTILE ALL TARGETS THAT YOU WILL BE ATTACKING before engaging in PvP. This is very important. There are commands that allow you to hostile everyone in a radius around you, so please utilize them to keep things smooth.
- If the person you are roleplaying with does a hostile action, PvP can begin. If you act hostile with a character and one party in the confrontation begins to buff or prepare, it counts as a hostile action.
What's Done is Done
- After PvP is over, you cannot engage in further PvP/grudge matches with the other player(s) unless agreed upon mutually by all parties involved. Repeat killings of PvP can be considered griefing. Set your sub-dual properly
in advance and don't ressurect the target to kill them again.
- If you were trying to do something prior to your death and the result was never reached, then obviously, whatever you were doing failed. It's going to be pretty hard to justify that it succeeded when you lost the fight.
- Don't switch characters to achieve the purpose that your other character was not able to. Especially in the case of PvP. After dying, you should not switch to a different character and hunt down the person who defeated you.
- It's not your right nor responsibility to emote for or play NPCs or other characters. Whenever possible, find solutions that are available to you as a player without involving NPCs.
- Exploiting the location of another character without having that knowledge available to your character ICly is against the rules. Mind you, we won't enforce you guys trying to arrange meet-ups. We want to encourage roleplay,
not hinder it!
- (Granted, meet-ups can be creatively handled ICly as well and the only OOC involvement is scheduling a date/time when all involved parties can be online. - Hedgewitch 2018)
- Be careful what you tell other people in OOC channels. What you say might accidentally slip out into the IC world.
- (This is mutually exclusive to those of us who enjoy posting our profiles publically on the forums or other mediums. The best way to handle this is to spoiler what characters shouldn't know immediately upon laying eyes upon your character. Otherwise, simply don't put it out there. - Hedgewitch 2018)
- Don't dualbox. This is not allowed for several reasons, including adding empty numbers to the player count. It also allows unfair advantages PvP and in RP. Only one character of yours can be active in game at a time.